Information Required Before I Buy Any Car
If you’re reading this right now, you have probably clicked through from an email I have sent you requesting more information.
Buying a car for me is the same as it would be for you.
I just can’t make you an offer if all I know is the make, model, year and the kms.
Would you buy a car yourself with only this information and sight unseen?
Probably not – so all I can offer with the bare minimum information is a bare minimum price.
I can only offer a few hundred dollars without more information to cover my risk.
BUT, what information do I need to help me give you a fair price?
Ideally I need to see and drive the car for the price to go up.
Surely that makes sense – not many people would make a serious offer on a second hand car without driving it first.
If you really insist on a price over the phone or over email, be aware it will NEVER be as high if the car has been inspected in person – by me or by ANYONE else.
This is just common sense buying anything substantial.
Things I need to know/have are:
- Is it automatic or manual?
- Is it still registered? Till when? Or when did it run out?
- Does it have a RoadWorthy Certificate (also known as a safety certificate or RWC)?
- Is anything broken/damaged? You need to be very honest here, because these things will only come up when it is time to hand the car over anyway.
- Is there any hail damage?
- What is the paint like?
- What is the interior like?
- What are the tyres like?
- Does it have a good service history? And can you prove it with stamps in the logbooks and/or mechanic’s receipts.
Don’t get me wrong, every car has a price even if you don’t know or don’t have some of the above information.
Do you already have it advertised somewhere and can’t sell it? Send me the link so I can see the photos – OR feel free to email me back with any photos you have.
This sort of information helps me help you get a fair price for your car in Brisbane.
Call me on 0411 362 229 with some more details about your car – or if you prefer, furnish me with all of the required information above as well as some photos and send me another email.